Business Development Plans:
Perform analysis and studies and prepare recommendations considering opportunities evaluation, competitive situation, business external environment, and key economic drivers, etc. for the formulation and implementation of effective business development plans to increase customer/client acquisition and retention and contribute to optimum profitability.
Conduct market research and develop in-depth knowledge of business offerings to contribute to the identification of profitable new business opportunities and customer needs and in determining and developing business development plans. Monitor regional competitors’ activity, market changes and trends to gain market intelligence and form market insights.
Product and Project Development:
Conduct and prepare analysis and proposals for new product and project development in line with market demands to enhance and sustain the company’s competitive advantage and maximize profitability. Aid and assist in the facilitation and communication of new products and projects to prospective clients.
Coordinate day-to-day project management matters to sustain project and team performance as well as contribute to effective and efficient utilisation of project resources. Involve in supporting the full development life cycle from project initiation through implementation and post-support to ensure projects meet the specifications within quality, time, and cost.
Business & Project Risk Assessments:
Coordinate and support the conduct of risk assessments to identify key threats to the business and suitable mitigations to minimize any impact on earnings, lost time and productivity, and negative impact on customers. Analyse and evaluate potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects to ensure an appropriate level of rigour and discipline in managing businesses’ assurance obligations.
Proposal and Tender Submission:
Collaborate and assist business development and project teams typically consisting of operations/technical and support units providing related know-how and support in the proposal preparation and pricing proposal for tender submission to meet or exceed clients’ requirements and expectations.
Plan and manage positive engagements with existing and prospective key stakeholders (customers, vendors, and partners) to promote the business’ products/offerings for the business opportunities and establish and maintain good working relationship.
Plan and collaborate with project teams consisting of operations/technical and support units in promoting continuous improvement initiatives and cost-effective products/services offerings as part of solutions to clients to enhance effectiveness in service delivery and optimise resources.
Learning and Development:
Plan and actively undertake learning and development opportunities including those informally provided by superior and work colleagues, to internalise the right competencies and capabilities in delivering work.
Plan and organise the implementation of an appropriate knowledge management database as a point of reference to support success in future projects and enhancing pace in development.
A Business Manager typically has the following daily responsibilities:
- Attracting new clients by innovating and overseeing the sales process for the business.
- Working with senior team members to identify and manage company risks that might prevent growth.
- Identifying and researching opportunities that come up in new and existing markets.
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
- Preparing and delivering pitches and presentations to potential new clients.
- Combining efforts and fostering a collaborative environment within the business as a whole.
- Communicating with clients to understand their needs and offer solutions to their problems.
- Creating positive, long-lasting relationships with current and potential clients.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients.
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines.
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support.